Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Simple and understated, yet still beautiful.

So many things in life go by unnoticed or unappreciated, but their beauty still exists and is evident if you are looking for it.

Take time to enjoy the simple pleasures. If you spend all of your time waiting for the big things, you will miss so much.

Today I thought I would share with you all some of the simple pleasures that I enjoy.

Black and White Photographs.

I think i have shared this quote before, but it just suits this:

"Life is like a good black and white photograph. There's black, there's white, and lots of shades in between." -Karl Heiner


Singing alto.

In case any of you aren't music geeks and don't know what that means, I will explain it. Singing alto means singing harmony. The soprano part is the melody, or the main tune of the song. The alto part is usually comprised of lower notes that add depth to music that would otherwise not be there if only the soprano part was sung. I love it because it is simple and often unnoticed but still important and sounds beautiful when done well.


Smiles.

It is amazing how powerful anyone, even a stranger, can brighten your day by a smile.

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -Ansel Adams


Shelves of Books.

I love to sit in libraries and be inspired by all of the books around me. It also reminds me of how many books I want to read. Actually, I first wrote this post while sitting in my school library.

Entering this photo in Raquel's photo contest.
Subtle Texture and Color.

Especially in yarn.
When I first pick up a skein of some kinds of yarn, you don't see all of the little color changes, but watching them develop while knitting is delightful.

"If your pictures aren't good, you're not close enough." - Robert Capa



What are some simple things that you enjoy?

Oh, and about Raquel's photo contest. I couldn't get the button to work, but you can click on the words "photo contest" and go see the challenge. The theme is books. I hope my photo is alright to enter!







1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!