Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lydia

I would like to introduce you to my younger sister, Lydia. She is 13 years old, almost exactly two years younger than me.


Lydia loves to sew, and she made this dress herself.


I think it's pretty amazing.


She had been wanting me to take some pictures of her, but we hadn't had a sunny day where we were both home long enough to do it.



When we finally got around to it, I realized something.


This girl is beautiful and she has grown up so fast! It seems like just yesterday that she was a little 10 or 11 year old who couldn't care less whether her hair looked nice and who wore t-shirt every day.


Now she actually does her hair (very nicely, too), borrows my hairspray often, and makes herself clothes.

Entering this photo in Francesca's Photo Contest.

Thank you, Lydia, for letting me capture you in this stage of your life.


True, we ended up with some shots like this...



And this.

But hey, we had fun. :)

Oh, and if you noticed, I entered one of these photos in Francesca's Photo Contest. The theme is color. Tomorrow is the deadline to link up, so go on over and link up!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love those photos! :D Your sister is so pretty!
    ~Lily bellefluerphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are lovely! Photo shoots with sisters are always fun :) The colors in the photo that you entered in the photo contest are simply stunning!

    I just came across your blog, and I've enjoyed looking around! Keep shining for the Lord!

    In Christ,
    Rebekah

    beautifulgemsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, she's adorable. And that dress is amazing...I could never sew like that. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister will appreciate all of your sweet comments!
    @Rebekah - thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it.
    @Jennoelle - I wish I could sew like that, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!