Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, October 10, 2011

Autumn Delights

Autumn

By Emily Dickinson



The morns are meeker than they were,

The nuts are getting brown;

The berry's cheek is plumper,

The rose is out of town.



The maple wears a gayer scarf,

The field a scarlet gown.

Lest I shall be old-fashioned,

I'll put a trinket on.



I love autumn. It is my favorite season. Why?

~Leaves - I love living in New England because the leaves turn such vibrant, bright colors.~

~Cooler weather - the temperature drops, sweaters are taken out of closets, scarves looped around necks, hats are pulled over heads, fingerless gloves begin their journey from knitting needles to hands...ahh.~

~Hot chocolate - I love hot cocoa. It is soo warm and cozy on cold days. I have some favorite mugs that I like to use, including a Holly Hobbie mug.~

~Fall decorations - driving is such a pleasure because it gives one an opportunity to see everyone's autumn decorations. Pumpkins sitting on steps...scarecrows set on poles...wreaths hanging on doors...need I say more?~

I am linking this post up to:



Why do you love autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!