Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Look Up

A few days ago, my sister, Abbie, and I were driving to orchestra rehearsal. The radio was on. I sat in the passenger seat, staring straight ahead at the long, gray road.

{via}

Suddenly, I looked up. I saw that we were driving through a tunnel of lovely autumn trees. The vivid colors stood out against the gray dullness of the road.


The rest of the ride I spent looking up at the farmhouses, fields, and trees along the road. I would have missed a lot of beautiful sights had I simply watched the road the whole way.

Nature Photography, autumn tractor orange fall rust red yellow golden leaves - fine art harvest photography
{via}

Life is like that sometimes. I tend to only pay attention to what is right before me and how whatever is going on will affect me. I forget to look up.

{via}

When I do look up, I wonder how I could have ever forgotten what it feels like to be spending time with God and how He helps me see and dwell on more than just the present.

Photo: An autumn vista
{via}

There are many beautiful things to be seen if one only looks up instead of straight ahead.

{via}
I want to challenge you to remember to look up - today, tomorrow, and forever.

{via}

Have you looked up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!