Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, September 26, 2011

Baking-ness

Today, I baked.

First I made Apple Crumble. I know most people call it Apple Crisp, but it has always been Apple Crumble in my house. :)


Apple Crumble is one of my favorite fall treats to bake.


It's easier and takes less time than apple pie.  
Note to self: I will have to make my family's apple pie sometime and post the recipe. It has a cinnamon/brown sugar topping on it instead of a top crust. YUM!
But I do have the recipe for Apple Crumble at the bottom of the post.


I made this apron for myself a while ago. I like it. :) The pockets are in just the right spots...
Sorry about the wrinkles. I had been using another apron for a while and this one was folded. :)


Next, I made these delicious things.

Monkey Bread Muffins.


I had found a recipe for them a while ago, but I hadn't had any refrigerator roll dough to make them with. But I did today. I love basically any dessert with cinnamon and brown sugar in it.



Here is the recipe for Apple Crumble:

Apple Crumble

Place in a 13" x 9" pan about 8 cups of sliced apples or as many as you want, just as long as there is enough to cover the bottom of the pan. (Oh, and no need to grease the pan).

Blend until crumbly:
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup margarine
1 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg

Spread over apples.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is brown. 

Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions or run into any problems, be sure to let me know. 

Oh, and lastly: there are a couple giveaways going on. The first is over at Giveaways of Blessing. The second is over at An Old-Fashioned Girl

What did you do today?

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, that looks good! :) I want to bake something, but I'm too busy with school & it's still too hot out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! Those look really good!!! I made barbeque chicken pizza :P lol nt much happening here haha
    ~Lily bellefluerphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! I especially like the monkey bread muffins :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!