Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

pumpkin whoopie pies




I woke up, glancing lazily out the window. I need to bake today. After breakfast, I began flipping through my mother's recipe book. Pumpkin whoopie pie. Well, it's about time I make sometime pumpkin flavored since it is autumn, after all. They were delicious. So I thought that I would give you all the recipe so that you can make your own.

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

2 cups pumpkin
2 egg yolks
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. each cloves, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla
3 cups flour

Combine these ingredients until all dry ingredients are well blended in. Form into balls and place on baking sheets. Unless you want an odd one out, make sure that you make an even number. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, longer if necessary.

Frosting:
While those are baking, beat stiff two egg whites. Add 2 tsp vanilla, 4 Tb flour, 2 Tb milk, 1/2 cup shortening, and 1 pound confectioners sugar. Mix well.

Once the outsides are done baking, let them cool, then evenly spread the frosting on one flat side of outside and place another half on top, making a sandwich. Continue until all of the outsides are gone.

Now enjoy the amazingness that you have just made. 


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh.............too bad we don't have any pumpkin on hand..*sniffle* Those look SO good! There probably aren't any left at your house!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG looks delicious :D I really like this haha, cooking with pumpkin isn't a big thing here but I kinda want to taste thig now... :)

    Greetings from Barcelona :) I'm following!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!