Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Delight and Be Intentional


I've never been good at New Year's posts. I love beginning a brand new year, but I struggle with how to articulate my thoughts about it. Other people have all these beautiful words and thoughts that they post, but I'm just here, enjoying the chance to set new goals and challenge myself.

In the past, I've done various things at the beginning of the year. I've written a list of 50 things I want to accomplish. I've set goals. I've cleaned out my belongings. But over the past few years, I've seen many people choose to focus on a word and all that it means instead of setting a list of resolutions. This year, after Kristin Wall over at Delight & Be challenged us who are in the Facebook group to pray and ask God to show us what word/character attribute He wanted us to grow this year.

After a lot of thought, I chose the word

intentional.

This means spending my time wisely. I must check my mindless social media scrolling and tv show watchng. I want to start my days by spending time with God, not on my phone. I want my relationships with my family and friends to be more intentional; instead of settling for shallow conversations I will purposely spend time cultivating the relationship and really getting to know people. I will cultivate my mind outside of required schoolwork by learning new skills and reading a wider variety of books.

I have already been convicted of not being intentional with my time this year. My hope and prayer this year is to grow as a person, not just check things off a list. That being said, I will be setting a list of goals every month to help me focus on areas of my life and then, at the end of the month, I can see where I have wasted time rather than intentionally working on my goals.

p.s. One of my goals for this month was to launch a knitting/fiber blog connected to my Etsy shop, and I finally did it! You can check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! That is a very inspiring word for the new year. I'm working on the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I'm not alone! I find that it's so easy to just drift along, but I want to do things with more purpose, even if I don't know what I want to do with my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!