Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

run the race


1 Corinthians 9:24, 27

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it...
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

I have often heard and read that first verse, been told that the Christian life is a marathon race that requires training. But I had never really taken a look at the second verse. I need to continue training. I will never reach a point in my life here on earth in which there is no room for improvement in how I run. I cannot grow lax in my training and practice. If I don't, I can't really help others learn how to run because I am not running correctly. 

Just a few thoughts on this Wednesday evening.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I think I needed to hear this. I've always been a perfectionist. It helps knowing that humility needs to come first.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!