Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

birthday

on sunday, i turned seventeen. 
when i was younger, i used to think that teenagers were so old, wise, and all-knowing. but i don't feel old, i am not wise, and i am constantly discovering how much there is to know and how little i really do know. i don't feel prepared to handle big decisions that i need to make soon, decisions about college and life after high school. even with those things looming, i am still looking forward to enjoying things that don't scare me, things like family, singing, knitting, photography, flowers, books; things that i love and cherish. seventeen gives me enough time to savor things will also planning ahead. seventeen should be a good year. full of ups and downs, certainly, but still good.
{me last year}

{me this year}


4 comments:

  1. Aww! Well, happy late birthday girl! I know what you mean...I use to think that when I would be a teenager I would be sooo much older and wiser too...but yes, I have a lotttt to learn too...But one thing I know for sure is that God will never change and His truth will never be a lie. And if I keep my eyes fixed on Him, I can never go wrong, for He knows best and knows what I am to do with my life...
    Happy birthday, and I hope this year will bring much joy as you continue to follow Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday Emily! Seventeen... wow. That is so old :) I hope you have a year full of inspiration and peace and love.
    --

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy {belated} birthday, sweet girl! ;)
    much love,
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the blogging world is a better place with you in it. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!