Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Monday, July 9, 2012

Patiently Waiting {a quest post by Madie}

Hey everybody! It's Madie from The Road's Journeys.

If you know me well, you may know that I have a hard time waiting...and being still. It is one of my weaknesses as a person. Another is being jealous. I try super hard to try not to be jealous, but I do get jealous a lot. I don't have a fancy house, or a model's body. It's just me. Plain me. 


Lately I've been having to do a lot of waiting. In the last one to two months, I have had to sit through 3 whole graduations. If you are unfamiliar with the graduation process, each takes 2-3 hours, not including pictures and a reception. Talk about a lot of waiting and being patient. I was learning to patiently wait.


 Another thing I have been waiting for is a phone. I went to a private school last year and even though it is small, almost everyone had a phone. If I went to a public school, it would be common for them to get a phone once they enter sixth grade. Not me, though. All I wanted was a phone before school got out, June 6th. Did I get it then? Nope. Why did I want a phone before school got out? I wanted it because I wanted to be able to show my friends my phone and get and give numbers to everyone. Just like I mentioned before, I was jealous. I am learning to patiently wait.


I still am waiting for a phone a month later. Times are tough and money is tight. My dad said I could get a phone any time after July 1st. Still haven't gotten it, but I'm waiting patiently.


Waiting happens a lot in the Bible too.  The first story I think of is of Sarah. She had to wait and wait for a son. She was getting up there in age and still did not have a child. Both her and her husband were doubting God and His power. Then God said, "Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him" (Genesis 17:19 KJV). They were learning to patiently wait.

So what does the Bible say?


"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31 ESV).  

"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27:13-14 ESV).

Yeah, so waiting can be hard, but let me tell you, the results are amazing. Stand strong! Wait for the Lord to answer your wants and needs. He's listening, but let Him lay out your life for you! 

 What are you waiting on?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~

To learn more about me visit my "About Me" page here. I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. good job, Madie!! :) I don't have a phone either, I do have a texting app on my iPod though.
    Arianna
    likeastar27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!