Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Crashing


Back in August, I had all these grand ideas about what the school year would look like. I would dedicate a lot of time to my Etsy shop, blog consistently, spend time with people, all while staying on top of my schoolwork and working 25 hours a week. I even planned to do the "Write 31" challenge in October which is where you pick a topic and blog about it every day in October.

But then all of my grand plans came crashing down around me. My courseload took a lot more time than I thought it would. Working at 3:00 am three days completely consumes those days, even though I get out by 12. I haven't blogged in over a month. I haven't added many items to my Etsy shop.
For the past month, I've been gradually feeling more overwhelmed with everything I have to do. Some days I just don't get much crossed off my to-do list. Some days end in tears.

But I keep reminding myself that this is the phase of life I am in. Life will always be crazy, I know, but it won't be like this forever. I need to apply myself and give everything I have to where I am now rather than hoping for it all to pass away. God has me here for a reason, teaching me that not everything goes my way and I can't control everything in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to you BIG time. When everything comes crashing down, and all the carefully thought out plans and all the expectations you had break to bits. It can be so overwhelmingly. But I always find peace in the fact that God has everything in His hand, like you do.
    Keep writing, always.


    -T. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!