Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Israel // Day Eight

Driving through the desert.


At Mareshah, there are dozens of caves which are currently being excavated. Here, we were able to do a little bit of digging in one of the caves and then crawl through one which was yet to be excavated. Such a cool experience unless you're claustrophobic. 




Israel's national flower, the anemone. 



No, we did not find all of this pottery, but these shards were all found in the caves.


The outside of Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem.



The end of the museum opened up overlooking the part of the city that has grown up since the Holocaust to show that, even with all the awful things that happened during that time, there is still hope.


In the Garden of the Righteous, there are trees dedicated to Gentiles who risked their lives to help the Jews. This tree was dedicated to Corrie ten Boom and her family. Around the time that she passed away, the tree dedicated to her also died, so this new one was planted.


This is the view from my hotel room in Jerusalem.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. I worked with Yad Vashem archives for my NHD documentary last year, so I would really love to visit the museum someday. Who am I kidding...? I just want to go to Israel and see everything someday : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!