Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A world that is new, that is free

"It's not what the world holds for you. It's what you bring to it."
-Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Anne always seems to have just the right words to say what I am feeling. Right now my life is one of waiting. Waiting for college, for adulthood, for my FAFSA to be processed, for graduation, for Christmas, for summer plans to come together somehow.

But in this season of waiting, I need to remember that life is not about when those things eventually will happen. I must prepare for them now, while I can, instead of simply sitting and waiting. When I get launched into a world that is new, that is free (sorry, I couldn't resist the Les Mis lyrics), I should be as ready as I can be, not shaking off the dust after waiting for a few months. 

What are you waiting for?

p.s. I'm still listening to this song on repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!