Borrowing Photographs About me elsewhere Lovelies Goldberry Artisans

Friday, July 3, 2015

I like being busy




I like being busy.

Well, that's not quite true.

I like the feeling of importance that can come with being busy. I like accomplishing things. I like meeting goals and seeing good results from my work.

That's why things like sitting outside just to be outside, letting myself take a nap, simply cuddling with my little sisters on the couch, and other "non-productive" things can sometimes be hard for me to do. I want to always be doing something.

But lately, I've been learning that I need those times of quiet rest. I'm not advocating for laziness or procrastination, but I need to remember that it's okay to put away my homework and computer and allow myself to rest.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I'm actually writing a blog post about the scientific importance of play (even for adults) and relaxation. Turns out that it is a very important part of life. That is a hard pill for me to swallow, because like you I aim to ALWAYS be doing something productive. Chilling out is not in my vocabulary. But I'm learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read that post! Play is definitely still important and it helps spark creativity as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and brightening my day with a little bit of sunshine!